OUR PRESENT STATE & FUTURE PROMISES
With its birth, NASAQU carries sustainability in its DNA. By following the developing technologies and approaches related to sustainability, it works to use better environmentally friendly raw materials and production processes day by day. In other words, as a sustainable brand, we are growing and developing sustainably and thus trying to spread environmental awareness.
Our Present State:
|Reduced Carbon Footprint: To reduce the carbon footprint created during transportation and transmission, we carry out all our raw material supply, design processes, production, and warehouse operations in the close vicinity of Istanbul-Turkey.|
Recycled Resource Use: Since recycled raw materials are more sustainable than virgin resources;
Ethical Sourcing and Production: To have sustainable production processes;
Reduced Water Usage:
|Inclusiveness: NASAQU is founded by female founders who want to make a positive impact in the world, create a brand for everyone, whoever and wherever they are, and want to move forward together.|
Our Promises for 2025:
NASAQU was born by being aware of the impact of each action we take. The steps we are working on with enthusiasm:
- We will increase our use of certified recycled fabric to 65%.
- We will continue to raise awareness about the harm caused by the use of virgin cotton in soils and water resources.
- We will encourage our current producers to use renewable electricity. The use of renewable energy will continue to be an essential reason for preference in our selection of new manufacturers and suppliers.
- We will continue to follow the technological developments in the field of sustainable production and retail and will strive to adapt them to our processes.
- We will dedicate more time, energy, and funds to serve our local communities by partnering with locally-minded initiatives (that include but are not limited to NGOs, and individuals who have a diverse range of knowledge and expertise.) We are happy that we have joined KEDV Equality Envoys this year. We support the efforts of women to improve their lives for a strong society where poverty and inequalities do not exist. (KEDV (Kadin Emeğini Degerlendirme Vakfı) supports grassroots women's leadership throughout Turkey and empowers them in improving the quality of their lives and of their communities. KEDV is an affiliate member of Oxfam.)
Our Promises for 2030
NASAQU emerged as a brand that strives for a sustainable world. We grow and mature with the promises we make to nature. Sustainability has a constantly evolving roadmap with the contribution of ever-developing technology. We insist on achieving our sustainability goals by following and adapting developments in a sustainability roadmap.
- We will make 100% recycled and environmentally friendly choices in our raw materials and production processes.
We will gradually reduce non-renewable energy use in our businesses, business partners, and supply chains by switching to 100% renewable energy use by 2030. We are committed to achieving the below plan by 2030;
- All our primary supply chains (called Tier 1 in textile/ apparel world) will switch to renewable electricity by 2027 either purchasing certified renewable electricity (Renewable Energy Certificate-IREC) or electricity generated from solar panels in its own facility.
- All Tier 2 factories used by our Tier 1 supply chains - will switch to renewable electricity by 2030 either from certified renewable electricity (IREC) or electricity generated from solar panels in their own facility.
- We will eliminate coal-fired energy use from the operations of our business partners and supply chains by 2030. As a business, we are coal free brand in our own operations, therefore we will make sure that our business partners and supply chains comply with the same. We are happy to discuss possible solutions where coal-fired energy use is detected. There is always a way to protect the planet. Hence, we will work with our business partners and supply chains to agree on a sustainable roadmap to remove the use of coal from their businesses.
- We will continue to generate our income from 100% circular products and solutions, and to recycle waste generated at our facilities.
- We will continue to reduce our carbon footprint, protect natural resources and commit to betterment of the habitats and lives of animals.
- We will continue to be a proudly inclusive brand.
- We will continue to put gender empowerment at the heart of our agenda.
Our goal is to minimize our environmental impact on the planet and create a more livable world for future generations, and we approach this with great enthusiasm and dedication.